AutoGRAPH-SL (GLONASS / GPS)
Palubní lokalizační jednotka Autograph-SL je elektronické zařízení, které sleduje veškerý pohyb vozidla pomocí zaznamenávání času a trasy ve formě zeměpisných souřadnic z globálních navigačních systémů GPS (NAVSTAR) a GLONASS.
Kromě souřadnic zaznamenává řadu dalších parametrů, jako je rychlost, směr pohybu, počty událostí atd., včetně stavů digitálních vstupů zařízení, externích senzorů a datových sběrnic.
Shromážděná data jsou přenášena prostřednictvím mobilních sítí GSM 900/1800 pomocí služby General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) na dedikovaný server, kde jsou přístupná prostřednictvím internetu pro další analýzu a zpracování.
Jednotka AutoGRAPH-SL může být použita v jakémkoli typu dopravního prostředku.
|NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION|
|GNSS receiver||• uBlox MAX-M8Q|
• GLONASS + GPS / GALILEO / Beidou
• 72 channels
• A-GNSS, D-GPS
• Cold start: 26 s1
• Accuracy: 2.0 m1 (CEP)
• External antenna (SMA)
|GSM module||• GSM (GPRS / SMS) 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz|
• 2 x SIM
• External antenna (SMA)
|Serial buses||• 1 x RS-485 (TIA / EIA-485-A)|
• 1 x CAN (SAE J1939 / FMS)
• 1 x USB 2.0
|Inputs / Outputs||• 2 x Digital inputs: 1 x active high, 1 x active low|
• 1 x High-impedance input
• 1 x Digital output
|Memory||• FLASH (up to 270.000 records)|
|Sensors||• Internal 3-axis accelerometer / motion sensor|
|Electrical||• Operating voltage: 10...50 V (max 60 V)|
• Power consumption (at 12 VDC, 22 °С)
- recording state: 50 mA
- data transferring state: 200 mА
|Environmental||• Operating temperature: -40...+85 °С|
|Dimensions||• 65 х 50 х 20 mm, 50 g|
|Average life time||• 10 years|
1 With nominal signals level -130 dBm
2G / 3G* GSM MODEM
The 2G / 3G* GSM modem is intended to provide a connection between the controller and the GSM / UMTS mobile network.
The GSM signal is received and transmitted via an external GSM antenna. The controller is equipped with a SIM card to be identified by the GSM network and to be able to access the services provided by the mobile network operator.
The GSM modem performs several functions:
- Enables the tracker to access the GSM network and to be identified by the network using the SIM card.
- Enables data exchange (including transfer of track points) between the AutoGRAPH-SL controller and the server via TCP/IP through the Internet by means of General Packet Radio Service (GPRS).
- Enables exchange of information and control SMS messages and USSD requests (for example, for subscriber’s personal account monitoring).
* 3G is optional
GLONASS • GPS RECEIVER
The GNSS module is designed using a highly sensitive receiver based on high performance uBlox M8 engine. It receives coded signals by means of external active GPS/GLONASS antenna from the satellites of the Global Positioning System (NAVSTAR) and GLONASS, and uses its internal computer to determine the geographical coordinates of the receiver position, the exact time, speed and direction of movement.
Received data is transferred via NMEA protocol from the GNSS module output to the centralprocessing unit for further processing.
The uBlox MAX-M8 supports concurrent reception of two GNSS systems and, as a result, the information being received is highly accurate and available even in the case of very poor visibility of satellites.
POWER SUPPLY DRIVER
The power supply driver with protection circuits generates all of the necessary supply voltages for controller components. The primary power supply input ensures operation at vehicle system voltage of 10-50 V (max 60 V), which makes it possible to use the controller on the majority of vehicles without employing any additional voltage regulation.
Furthermore, the power supply driver protects the controller against polarity reversal, voltage overload, interference, etc. A resettable fuse is installed in the supply circuit of the printed circuit board in order to provide extra protection.
Long-term exposure of the controller to the maximum values of the supply circuit may cause irreparable damage to the protection circuits due to overheating or disruption. This may lead to failure of the device. DO NOT exceed the maximum values stated. Operating voltage range and maximum supply voltage values are specified in Technical Specifications section.
CPU (CENTRAL PROCCESSING UNIT)
The central processing unit is the core of the AutoGRAPH-SL controller, which unites all of the system components together and ensures their interaction in accordance with the program stored in the device.
The processing unit is a highspeed single-chip microcomputer able to perform computations of at a speed and accuracy level that is sufficient to meet various navigation and service challenges.
The custom firmware, developed by TechnoKom specialists, enables the CPU to receive data from the different modules of the system, to perform logical and mathematical processing of the data and to control the modules as appropriate. It should be noted that the functional capability of the controller firmware is being constantly enhanced and extended so as to provide users with new and improved features and options.
The Non-Volatile FLASH memory module serves as a black box storage device to store the collected data.
The FLASH memory module is designed to store up to 270,000 records for up to 10 years – even when the device is powered off.
The FLASH memory module in the AutoGRAPH-SL is designed to use the ring buffer principle, which means that new records will be written over the oldest records first, ensuring that the most recent data is always available.
The AutoGRAPH-SL is equipped with 3-axis digital accelerometer with wide range of full scales from ±2g to ±16g intended to detect motion, determine the tracker’s orientation, measure vibration level, etc. The tracker can be set up to send a notification to a preset telephone number or data to a preset server, when detecting the acceleration exceeding a preset threshold.
RS-485 (TIA / EIA-485-A) is a data transfer standard for data transmission via a two-wire serial channel. This bus serves to simultaneously connect up to 32 different devices and sensors compatible with the controller’s firmware by two wires.
The controller is equipped with RS-485 bus.
The bus enables users to connect up to 8 fuel level LLS sensors, as well as Escort-TD, Strela-D485, DUT-E-485, DT7.3-06, UZI-1.х and other sensors, and some extra expansion modules to extend the controller’s functions, e.g. display for indication and messaging with a vehicle driver, passenger traffic metering unit, expansion modules for discrete and analogue inputs, barometrical altimeter, RS-232/RS-485 converters, etc.
The RS-485 port of AutoGRAPH-SL controllers support ModBUS protocol that enables users to connect the controller to thermal (or other) sensors, which transmit data via this protocol.
The USB port embedded into controller is intended to:
- configure and check the performance of the controller by means of the configuration program – GSMConf;
- read data from the device so as to deliver them to the AutoGRAPH Dispatch Software;
- update processor microcode (firmware) of the device;
- use the controller in the «GPS mouse» mode.
When using the device as a GPS mouse, the tracker, which is connected to the USB port of a PC, laptop or PDA with a data cable via virtual serial port (СОМ port), transmits the location data in RMC format through the NMEA protocol once per second. This enables the users to locate the object equipped with the AutoGRAPH-SL using software such as OziExplorer, Google Earth Plus/Pro, 2GIS for PC 3.0, Garmin, Navitel and many others. For details please refer to «Using the GPS mouse» document.
The CAN bus is an industrial network standard primarily designed for interconnection of various actuators and sensors in a single network. It is used in the automotive industry as a management and control line. The CAN interface of the controller may be connected to the CAN bus of a vehicle and is intended for use with SAE J1939 / FMS standard protocol. This standard is widely used in vehicles of well-known truck manufacturers, such as SCANIA, MAN, VOLVO, DAF, IVEKO, RENAULT, MERCEDES (DaimlerChrysler), KAMAZ and MAZ trucks of latest models etc. Advanced users can set up the tracker to receive data in any CAN protocol using the GSMConf program.
Use of the two-wire CAN bus enables quick connection and allows access to a great number of parameters directly from the sensors of vehicles.
Using the CAN bus, the following information would become available: vehicle speed, cruise control status, accelerator pedal position, brakes and clutch switch statuses, fuel consumption, fuel level in tanks (up to 6 sensors), engine speed, service distance, engine hours, engine coolant temperature, oil and fuel temperatures, total vehicle distance and vehicle distance per day and axle weight. Furthermore, it enables monitoring of some custom parameters not covered by SAE J1939 / FMS standard.
INPUTS / OUTPUTS
The I/O block is designed for monitor and measure parameters of external equipment and devices, as well as for control various actuators and warning devices.
The I/O block is divided into two sections:
These inputs have two states: «1» and «0» , and are able to show a change of input state, count pulses and measure frequency.
The controller has the four active low inputs and 2 active high inputs.
In addition, analogue inputs of the controller can operate as digital inputs with the configurable switching threshold.
Logic of the discrete inputs operation is shown in the table below:
|Physical state of the input||Logic state of...|
|active low input||active high input|
|High (connected to supply voltage)||1||1|
|Low (connected to ground)||0||0|
Note that logic states of the two inputs differ in open-circuit state (see the table above).
Operation modes of the discrete inputs are fully programmable for each input and include:
• Normal input. In this mode, the digital inputs are monitored. When the input state changes, the time and location data is stored into the device memory. Normal mode is useful for recording the time of different sensors’ activation and for monitoring the performance of equipment and mechanisms, such as an alarm button, oil pressure sensor, ignition system, passenger presence sensor, security alarm triggering, opening of doors, limit switches of various special-purpose and construction machinery mechanisms, etc. This mode also enables the device to perform unscheduled transmission of data to the server via GPRS upon input state changes, as well as to send an SMS message to the specified phone number.
• Storage counter. This mode is intended to track the input switching states and to count various events. This may include counting of pulses from fuel-flow pulse output sensor (of DRT-5 or VZO type), passenger count, speed sensor, tipper body lift sensor, etc. In storage counter mode, the number of pulses from each sensor is stored in memory. The location data is not stored.
• Periodic counter. This mode is intended for counting of pulses within one minute. Periodic counter mode is used for taking the readings of sensors, which transmit measured values in pulse bursts in amounts proportional to the measured value. This mode is used, for example, for fuel level, temperature and engine speed sensors with pulse outputs. This mode does not involve recording of a track point into the storage memory when the input state changes.
• Frequency. This mode is intended for sensors with frequency outputs. The device is capable of measuring frequencies of 0 – 4,000 Hz. Frequency measurement mode is used, for example, for fuel level sensors with frequency outputs, engine and shaft speed sensors, proximity sensors etc.
Digital outputs are intended to control any external actuators and turn on warning devices.
The controller has two programmable, open collector, discrete outputs. The outputs are controlled by an SMS command and can be set up to send a pulse of a specified length or to switch to specified state. Advanced users can send control commands via the data server.
In simple case, the discrete output can be used to warn about speeding, an entrance or exit of the geofenced area, etc.
For more detailed information on control commands see the «Control SMS and server commands for AutoGRAPH-SL» document.